School Name

The Waterloo School

School Transport

If your child meets the eligibility criteria and you need help getting them to school, you can apply for transport assistance.

If your child does not meet the eligibility criteria, there are many travel solutions available to residents of Hampshire.

In order for your case to be considered as an exception to policy you must first submit the appropriate application form. This application will be refused under policy. At this stage, you can contact the Transport Team by emailing, who will advise you of the next steps.

Early years SEN provision eligibility criteria

There is no automatic eligibility for travel assistance for non-compulsory age children attending an Early Years setting. For pupils attending a Specialist Early Years Placement, any request for transport assistance will be considered on a case by case basis.

See the How to apply page to submit a Travel Request Form.

If you are looking to claim transport costs as transport have cancelled your child's taxi please click the link here.


SEN school eligibility criteria

When offering a school place, the Children’s Services SEN Team will also confirm a child’s eligibility for transport assistance. They assess eligibility for children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) based on the following criteria:

1. Attending the agreed school

Your child must be attending the school nearest to your home which is able to meet their special educational needs as agreed by the Children’s Services SEN Team.

2. Live an appropriate distance from the school

The distance between your home and the school must be:

  • from the term following the child’s fifth birthday to the day before the child’s eighth birthday: more than two miles
  • from the child’s eighth birthday until they turn 16 years of age: more than three miles

 Note: if you are a parent of an SEN student seeking transport for a respite placement, you must contact your Social Worker.

To discuss eligibility further, please contact the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Helpline on 01329 316165 or alternatively email the appropriate team for your area of Hampshire which can be found on the Special Educational Needs (SEN) Service webpage.