The role of the Board of Governors is to work closely with the Head teacher and staff to provide the very best education that we can for the children of our school. We are responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance and effectiveness of the school, for ensuring that the budget is managed prudently and for supporting our excellent staff. As governors, we want all our children to develop to their full potential academically and socially, so that they become responsible and caring adults in their later lives.
Governors achievements have been:
- Continued to set the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school
- Held senior leaders to account for school improvement
- Ensured financial resources are well spent
- Engaged with a governance review to focus on developing ourselves as a governing body and attend training
- Carried out a skills audit of all governors so that we have a balanced range of skills
- Taken on individual responsibilities, such as monitoring English and Mathematics; pupil premium, appraisal, pay committee and health & safety.
- Assisting School with Ofsted report.
Governors plans for the future are:
- Our focus for this year is on curriculum.
- Specify the monitoring we need to see and do, to ensure pupil progress is in line with expectations.
Governors have opted to use GovernorHub, a software platform built specifically for governors and governing boards. It is used by 8,000 schools across the country. GovernorHub helps trustees, governors and clerks to work together more effectively.
Trevor Mann, Chair or Governor
Get in touchIf you would like to contact us or are interested in joining our Governing Body please feel free to get in touch via email@example.com – everyone’s input is useful!
|Full Name of Governor||Governor Category||Date of Current Appointment (End date if applicable)||Source of Appointment (where appropriate)||Roles within GB||Term of Office||Attendance at full GB Meetings (2021/22)||Attendance at Committee Meetings (2021/22)||Declarations on register or business & pecuniary interest|
|Chair of Governors||8 Years||6/7||2/2||Family member works in school|
|GB||Vice Chair||8 Years||7/7||3/3||Governor at another school|
|Chair of Curriculum Committee|
|Chris Scott||Local Authority||12/03/2015-15/01/2026||Local Authority||Vice Chair||8 Years||4/7||2/2||Governor at other schools|
|Chair of Resources Committee|
|Kirsty Robinson||Headteacher||01/04/2014||n/a||Resources Committee||n/a||6/7||2/2||None|
|Staff||Resources Committee||4 Years||7/7||2/2||Family member owns Red Rock who submitted a quote for building work in school|
|GB||Curriculum Committee||4 Years||7/7||3/3||Employee at Portsmouth Sailing Training Trust|
|Parents||Curriculum Committee||4 Years||4/7||3/3||Part of a parent support group which some families from The Waterloo School attend|
|GB||Resources Committee||4 Years||3/7||1/2||None|
|Mike Taylor||Co-opted||12/03/2015 - 25/01/2023||GB||Former Vice Chair||8 Years||3/4||1/1||None|
|Gordon Serrao||Parent||07/11/2018 - 13/09/2022||Parents||Curriculum Committee||4 Years||0/0||None|